Thank you for signing up to be a volunteer for SCGA Junior's Riverside Community!
The roles you can volunteer for are:
Class & Safety Volunteer
- Class volunteers assist with various golf and fitness stations under the supervision of the coach or instructor. They ensure the safety of all juniors, enforce COVID-19 protocols including a distance of 6 feet between all participants, ensuring everyone has access to personal protective equipment (sanitizer, gloves, masks, etc.) and that juniors do not share equipment. Other duties include taking juniors to the bathroom or for a water break and maintaining a fun and positive atmosphere.
- On course-assessments track the progress of juniors and test their skills, ranging from fundamental levels to a full round. Volunteers walk with a group for the entirety of the assessment and keep score. Their highest priority is ensuring a safe environment, and they also enforce pace of play and encourage good sportsmanship.
Game Day Volunteer
- During these casual, on-course outings, juniors are paired with peers of the same age and skill level and volunteers walk with a group for the entirety of the round. Ensuring safety is their highest priority. They also enforce pace of play and educate on basic rules, while encouraging good sportsmanship and a positive attitude.
Special Events & Outings Volunteer
- Volunteers ensure the safety of juniors at all times while promoting a fun, positive and rule-abiding atmosphere. Volunteers work with each other, coaches and instructors to ensure all juniors are checked in and accounted for, assist with set up and clean up and other on- and off-course assistance. Opportunities to volunteer include community events, LPGA-USGA Girls Golf events, field trips and tournaments.
- This group advises SCGA Junior staff on changes and updates in the Player & Youth Development Program. The committee will work to raise awareness and increase outreach opportunities in their local community. Committee members are required to volunteer for a minimum of 10 hours, show consistent involvement and attend a quarterly meeting.
The location you can volunteer at are:
- Fairmount Golf Course in Riverside
If you have any questions, please email
Jakeishya Le email@example.com
We'll see you on the course!